Monday, April 8, 2013

Reflection

Did you learn about your teaching style in the OR project? - Discuss your teaching strengths and weaknesses from this on blog.

I learned that I try to have my students do too much when learning a new center. I need to slowly introduce the apps, let them play with them, then have them start using them for assessments. I also learned how much this generation likes and learns with technology. I love technology, but I mainly use it for convenience or fun. My students and that whole generation use technology to learn EVERYTHING. From playing games to learn how to read to math. If it's not an app they don't know much about it. My students even wanted me to write down the apps so that their rents could download them for them to use.
A strength for me I feel like is that I am good at finding games/centers that are fun. My students loved these apps. They were engaged the entire time and never bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment